‘A high quality physical education inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect’
(The National Curriculum)
At St Elisabeth’s we recognise the importance of providing children with a varied PE curriculum and extracurricular opportunities. Our aim is to develop children’s competence to excel in a range of physical activities, be physically active for sustained periods of time, engage in competitive sports and activities and lead healthy, active lives. With the Primary School Sport’s Funding, it will enable us to continue to extend our provision for all our pupils, improve PE provision and raise achievement for all pupils in sport.
Priorities for spending the funding 2018/19:
- Support the development of an active lunchtime.
- Provide a quality coach to support teachers deliver PE lessons across the School from Nursery – Year 6.
- Increase participation in sport through the provision of extra-curricular clubs.
- Participation in inter and intra school competitions through membership of the Schools Sports Partnership.
- Provide quality teaching from a qualified dance teacher.
- ‘Freddy Fit’ to engage the children in physical activity and exercise.
- In the Summer term for ‘Freddy Fit’ to run an active session for all children alongside their Parents/Carers.
- Each School receives £8000, plus £5 per pupil on roll. This is allocated in two payments in September and April.
Please click below to read our Sports Funding 2017/2018 in full.